Wednesday 7 September 2011

A215 - Weekly Writing Challenge 4.



Write a short piece of prose, poetry or fiction inspired by this photo. You don't have to mention the picture at all; just see where it takes you.

For example - You could write a short piece about a man walking in the rain; how is he feeling? Where has he come from? Where is he going?

ANONYMOUS

The woman in black, she walked ahead of me,
So strong a figure I had never seen,
Another city worker, possibly?
To me she was Titania, Nature’s Queen.

The trees arched high above her hidden face,
Protective of their mistress on parade,
An ebony statue hailed her from its place,
As she, even this modern world obeyed.
The rain created mirrors everywhere,
So on each surface her reflection showed,
A part of all that lived and breathed the air,
How humble did I feel to share her road.

Now, when I weave through overcrowded streets,
I see her influence in all I meet.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is lovely Eleanor, can't say I'm an expert in poetry (despite A210) but I really enjoyed reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.

    Love the line "An ebony statue hailed her from its place" - just encapsulates everything about the poem.

    A great piece of poetry.

    ReplyDelete